Are you someone with a disability who wants to learn more about participating in the media?
Innoversity and our partners have created the following Opportunities to help participants sharpen their knowledge of developing, pitching and creating screen-based stories and also access crowd-funding:(as of August 28, 2014 – more to be confirmed)
1. INNOVERSITY™ Pitch Competition Boot Camp. The Innoversity™ Pitch Competition finalists attend a Boot Camp prior to the Summit on Oct 28/29. Finalists are chosen from many media projects reviewed by a jury of broadcasters, filmmakers and digital media professionals, then seasoned media professionals work with the finalists to refine their proposals.Four (4) persons with a disability will be selected to attend this event as observers. MUST BE AVAILABLE: Oct 23 at Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Ave.
2. CHARLES STREET VIDEO. Five (5) one year memberships and five workshops for people in media* with a disability.
3. INDIEGOGO. Four (4) Mentorships for people with a disability wanting to create a crowd-funding campaign.
5. URBAN POST. One (1) Mentorship in post-‐production for a person in media* who has a disability. Total time is 20 hrs. over six (6) months.
someone in media* - While some education or experience in media would be an asset, it is not required to apply for these Opportunities.
1. Write a brief explanation (max. 500 words) of why you're the right person to receive this opportunity. Tell us about yourself. Your interests. Your goals. Please also indicate what accessibility support you require in order to participate. Some mentorships may be done by phone.
2. Please write the name of the opportunity you are applying for in the email subject line. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you are interested in attending the Innoversity Boot Camp on October 23, please send your email no later than October 5, 2014. All other emails are due by October 15, 2014.
4. You may request more than one opportunity but please send a separate email for each one and indicate which opportunity means most to you.
5. The decisions made to award these opportunities by the Innoversity team and its Partners are final. All opportunities may be changed or rescinded prior to being awarded.
6. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call her at 416-932-8284.